Nix top 12 lists down the twelve top-grossing flicks of 2008. Two entries in the 34th Metro Manila Film Festival are already included based on their box office performance from Dec. 25 to 31, 2008.
1. A VERY SPECIAL LOVE – P179.23 million (Star Cinema/Viva Films)
Romantic-comedy film featuring the first team-up of Sarah Geronimo with John Lloyd Cruz, this movie directed by Cathy Garcia Molina received an “A” rating from the Cinema Evaluation Board.
2. CAREGIVER – P139.54 million (Star Cinema)
Stars Sharon Cuneta portraying the role of Sarah, a mother who left her son in the Philippines and also a teacher who relinquished her profession in lieu of care giving in London, in hopes of augmenting her salary. Chito S. Roño directed the film and Chris Martinez wrote its screenplay.
3. FOR THE FIRST TIME – P134.7 million (Star Cinema)
Romantic film that features Richard Gutierrez and KC Concepcion. It was shot in the Philippines and in Santorini, Greece.KC’s first movie also marks the first time that actors from two rival networks have been allowed to team-up for a film. Richard is a GMA 7’s star while KC is an exclusive contract artist of Star Cinema.
4. ANG TANGING INA ‘NYONG LAHAT – P 102.5 million (Star Cinema)*
5. MY BESTFRIEND’S GIRLFRIEND – P101.24million (GMA/Regal Films)
6. DOBOL TROBOL GET REDI 2 RAMBOL – P90.51 million (Octoarts Films)
7. WHEN LOVE BEGINS – P89.38 million (Star Cinema/Viva Films)
8. MY ONLY U – P79.18 million (Star Cinema)
9. MAG-INGAT KA SA KULAM – P76.6 million (Regal Films)
10. ISKUL BUKOL: 20 YEARS AFTER – P72.6 (OctoArts/M-Zet/APT)*
11. MY BIG LOVE – P68 million (Star Cinema)
12. SUPAHPAPALICIOUS – P66.98 million (Star Cinema)
* the list did not include the films’ earning from Jan. 1 onwards