Visible television star Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. was teary eyed on Monday when he appealed to the public not to prejudge him in the face of a plunder complaint filed against him before the Office of the Ombudsman due to his alleged involvement in the P10-billion pork barrel scam.
“Ang hiling ko sa sambayanan, huwag kaming husgahan. Ipapaliwanag namin ito hanggang sa kahuli-hulihang detalye,” Revilla told reporters.
When asked how he is dealing with the plunder complaint against him, Revilla said, “Ang sakit.”
In contrast, Senator Jinggoy Estrada, who is also included in the charge sheet for plunder, appeared unfazed when he faced the media at a press conference.
“Nais ko pong ipaalam sa inyo [na] nakahanda akong harapin lahat ng mga bintang at paratang laban sa akin. Ako po ay walang kinalaman sa anumang katiwalian sa PDAF [priority development assistance fund],” Estrada read from a prepared statement.
The Department of Justice and the National Bureau of Investigation submitted before the Office of the Ombudsman plunder raps against Estrada, Revilla and Senate Minority Leader Juan Ponce Enrile for allegedly benefiting in the supposed P10-billion PDAF scam.
Earlier in the day, Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto III said Enrile was rushed to the hospital on Saturday due to high blood pressure.