Filipinos closely followed the Philippine basketball team’s quest for a chance to play in the 2012 London Olympics as it competed in the FIBA-Asia Championship, Asia’s qualifying tournament for the Summer Olympic Games.
Hence, Smart Gilas Pilipinas is this week’s top trending topic according to Yahoo! Philippines. It is followed closely by Enrique Gil. The Former Gigger Boys member Enrique Gil recently walked the ramp as one of this year’s Cosmo Bachelors. During the show, he teased the audience by lowering his pants to show off his behind. Enrique also slipped on stage, but he got up and continued walking. The young actor model will appear as an antagonist in ABS-CBN’s upcoming series “Budoy.”
Here’s the complete list of top searches this week:
3. SM Pampanga shooting: A 13-year-old boy shot his 16-year-old friend before shooting himself inside SM Pampanga last September 20. The two teenagers were rushed to the hospital, but both were eventually declared brain dead. Their respective families decided to remove their life support system and donate their vital organs. Police said the two boys were in a romantic relationship after meeting on Facebook, and the younger boy shot the other in a fit of jealousy.
4. Kris Bernal: Kapuso actress Kris Bernal, who stars in “Time of My Life” with Mark Herras, was rumored to be pregnant. In an interview with “Showbiz Central” earlier this month, she vehemently denied the rumors. Kris is part of the cast of “Panday 2.”
5. Jericho Rosales: Actor-singer Jericho Rosales is excited to be working with fellow Kapamilya actor Piolo Pascual in a new soap opera. The two former members of the male group “The Hunks” will be joined by veteran actor Christopher de Leon, who will play the role of a Godfather-type character. In this role, De Leon will ruin the lives of the younger characters played by Jericho and Piolo.
6. The Biggest Loser – Pinoy Edition: The local edition of the reality series that follows the lives of overweight contestants as they compete in losing the most weight gains search buzz as it introduced its remaining finalists, the Fab Five. Hosted by the megastar Sharon Cuneta, The Biggest Loser will hold its finalists’ final weigh in on October 8.
7. Kiefer Ravena: Ateneo Blue Eagle’s Kiefer Ravena, known as “The Phenom” and “the future of Philippine basketball” returns to the list of Yahoo! trending topics this week. He is part of the UAAP’s Mythical Five this season and was also awarded Rookie of the Year.
8. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez: The so-called “crown prince of pop” last week took his girlfriend to their friend Demi Lovato’s concert. After Demi’s performance, Justin Bieber surprised Selena Gomez with a candle light dinner and private showing of “Titanic” in the middle of the empty 20,000-seat Staples Center in Los Angeles.
9. Emmy Awards winners: “Mad Men” won the best drama series, and “Modern Family” bagged the best comedy series award at this year’s Primetime Emmy Awards given out by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The complete list of winners in this report can be found on Yahoo! Philippines OMG! http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/emmyawards2011
10. Lymph nodes: Searches for lymph nodes spiked on Yahoo! Search after the news that Camille Prats’ husband, Anthony Linsangan, died of nasopharyngeal cancer on September 23 at the age of 31. Swollen lymph nodes were among the symptoms that Anthony had before he was diagnosed